Saffron Walden Town Council has a passion for community work and wishes to help, support and promote local groups, projects and activities. Funding is available to groups delivering community benefit for the residents of Saffron Walden.
Funding can be awarded for capital and/or resourcing costs.
Typical examples of funded activities include:
- Reduced hire fee for use of Town Council’s managed facilities (eg Town Hall, Golden Acre Community Centre, The Common, Bridge End Garden)
- Core operational costs such as staffing, rent, rates, utility bills
- Project costs: material or resourcing costs to deliver a particular project or activity
- Projects which support the Town Council’s corporate policies, details available online at: https://saffronwalden.gov.uk/mission-statement/
This is not an exhaustive list and fair consideration will be given to any project or proposal which seeks to improve the quality of life or opportunities for the local community.
Maximum grant: £500.00 per application, at the Committee discretion, grants may be awarded up to £1,000.
Only one application per group/organisation per financial year
Grants are considered monthly by the Town Council’s Finance & Establishment Committee or Assets and Services Committee
- Dates of Committee meetings can be found here
- Completed application forms must be received in the Town Council offices at least one week prior to the meeting date
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting to speak further in support of your request and to address any queries from the Committee (this may be in person or via Zoom/Teams)
- You will be advised by an Officer of the date and time when your application will be considered. Grants will not ordinarily be considered by Committee in the absence of the applicant.
Please see attached our:
- Grant Scheme Guidance
- Grant Application Form PDF Version
- Grant Application Form WORD Version
- Grant Monitoring Form (Only required for successful applicants)
Alternative sources of grant funding can also be found at:
Uttlesford District Council https://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/article/5547/Grant-funding-opportunities
Essex Association of Local Councils https://ealc.gov.uk/
National Lottery Community Fund https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/
Essex County Council https://www.essex.gov.uk/grants-in-exceptional-circumstances