SW Tourist Information Centre has now re-opened
Revised opening hours 10am-4pm Monday to Saturday with 1 hour closure from lunch 12.30-1.30pm
Following guidance from central government, the TIC re-opened to the public on Monday, 15 June. The key differences to the way they operate in order to reduce as far as possible any risk to customers and themselves are as follows:
- The TIC will be open from 10am – 4pm, Monday to Saturday, with a 1 hour closure for lunch from 12.30 – 1.30pm.
- Only 2 members of the public will be allowed into the TIC at a time, and this level will be adhered to even if it means splitting a family group.
- Members of the public wishing to visiting the TIC must use the hand-sanitiser station outside the Town Hall before entering.
- Members of the public will be allowed to spend a maximum of 10 minutes in the TIC, and we reserve the right to reduce this time at our discretion if necessary.
- The TIC team will not accept new stock brought in ‘on spec’ under any circumstances; we ask that suppliers either telephone or e-mail the office to see if any new stock is needed and if it is, arrangements will be made to take delivery of it. There will be no exceptions to this.
- No members of the public will be permitted into the back office area under any circumstances.
- No meetings will be allowed to take place in the back office; for the foreseeable future, meetings must be held either virtually, or in a pre-booked room in the Town Hall if one is available that is large enough to allow for social distancing.
- Members of the public will be asked to browse stock ‘with their eyes’ rather than their hands.
- The TIC team will reserve the right to ask any member of the public who appears to be unwell or declares themselves to be unwell to leave the premises; this especially applies to anyone with a persistent cough.
- The TIC team will reserve the right to ask any member of the public who refuses to respect social distancing measures to leave the premises.
- We respectfully ask anyone who has been used to visiting the TIC on a casual, friendly basis to ‘catch up’ to respect the staff’s need for vigilance and concentration and to support that need by not visiting for this purpose.
- The TIC team will respond to telephone, e-mail and social media enquiries during normal office hours, Monday to Saturday (see hours above).
- Until further notice, the TIC will not be taking in items of lost property under any circumstances.
Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, 1 Market Place, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1HR
Tel: 01799 524002
Posted on 10/06/2020