Draft Uttlesford District Council Local Plan
Have your say
Uttlesford District Council has launched its consultation to seek feedback on the Draft Local Plan.
Councillors approved the draft plan for public consultation at a meeting of Full Council on 11 July.
People’s views are sought on the proposed site allocations and the associated policies which will guide future development within the district up to 2033.
The quickest and easiest way to read the draft plan and to provide feedback is via the website www.uttlesford.gov.uk/draftplan2017.
The deadline for responses is 5pm on Monday, 4 September.
Central to the draft plan are proposals for three new garden communities – North Uttlesford (north-east of Great Chesterford), Easton Park, and land referred to as West of Braintree (east of Stebbing) – which will be key in accommodating the majority of the 5,900 new homes required. Other proposed sites have also been put forward at existing towns and villages (*see notes).
Three drop-in exhibitions have been organised so that residents and businesses can find out more about the proposals. These exhibitions are open to all, and have been tailored to specifically give more information about the individual proposed garden communities.
These will be held on:
- Monday 17 July, 5-8.30pm – Chesterfords Community Centre, Newmarket Road, Great Chesterford CB10 1NU
- Monday 24 July, 5-8.30pm – Stebbing Village Hall, Mill Lane, Stebbing CM6 3SL
- Wednesday 26 July, 5-8.30pm – Memorial Hall, Manor Road, Little Easton CM6 2JR
In addition, two unstaffed information points will provide a more general overview of the draft plan. These can be viewed during normal opening hours at:
- Great Dunmow Library, White Street, Great Dunmow CM6 2AU
- UDC Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER
As well as commenting online, responses to the consultation can be submittedby email or post using a comments form which is available from the District Council and libraries. Responses should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: Planning Policy Team, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER.
Hard copies of the Draft Local Plan are available to view at Uttlesford District Council’s Offices in Saffron Walden, the council’s Customer Service desk at Great Dunmow Library, Thaxted Community Information Centre, and libraries and mobile libraries within the district.
The responses made during the consultation will be presented, together with the planning officers’ recommended responses, to the Planning Policy Working Group and Cabinet for their consideration.
This work will then be used to inform the final version of the plan which the council will consult on again early next year. The final plan will be submitted to the Secretary of State for independent examination by a Planning Inspector.
* Through the Draft Uttlesford Local Plan, 14,100 homes are being provided in the district between 2011 to 2033 – or 641 homes a year. Almost 7,000 of this requirement have already been built or granted planning permission within existing towns and villages, and the council has also built in a windfall allowance of 1,190 (a ‘windfall’ is normally classed as development with 10 homes or less). This means that there is a requirement for the council to find sites to accommodate the remaining 5,900 homes up to 2033; 4,600 of these 5,900 homes are proposed in the three new garden communities.
Anticipated timetable for the Draft Uttlesford Local Plan
12 July – 4 September 2017
- Public consultation on the draft local plan
- Consideration of consultation feedback and revisions to the plan as appropriate
- Putting together the final version of the Draft Local Plan including modifications
- Public consultation on the final version of the Draft Local Plan
- Submission of Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate for consideration
- Start of hearing sessions for the public examination
- Receipt of Planning Inspector’s Report
- Adoption of Local Plan by Full Council
For more details on this media release please contact the Communications Team at Uttlesford District Council on 01799 510442 or email@example.com
Posted on 28/06/2017